Saturday, April 23, 2016

S6PP: Engines on...

SEASON SIX: PREMIER PARTY
ENGINES ON.....

I'm 4 years old and my parents have just told me that tomorrow morning we are getting on an airplane and fly TO DISNEY LAND!! I'm not going sleep tonight...

This, sadly, didn't ever actually happen but it's easy for me to imagine how this must have felt... I feel like I want to jump out of my skin suit.... 

I started this morning (at 6:30 am, mind you... Because that's when babies want food) making the stuffings - first a meaty stuffing you see here with the rib meat from the frenching adventure, bacon grease, bacon, onions, celery, apples, shallots and garlic.  One of my guests is a vegetarian (Robert Baratheon would highly disapprove.....) so I've made a vegetarian version that will roast on its own for a few hours on super low than it will hold up a fish for her... 


I also made my iced milk with honey and chopped up my veggies.  Because life is hectic I asked Safeway to deliver my groceries for me and in that ...experience... I had to educate them.  You see, this thing is not a leek.  

But it will be delicious alongside my leeks, carrots, garlic, onions and herbs roasted slowly in the juices of meat and awesome.  So while I crinkle my nose at the fact that they can't tell the difference between a parsnip and a leek, I'm fortunate that they flubbed up... My guests will be too. 

After I trimmed my ribs down and dried them off, I created a marinade with some plain yogurt, thyme, turmeric, garlic, and applewood smoked sea salt.  I have a beef rack and a pork rack that were both rubbed down and will be chillaxin in my fridge until I'm ready to stuff them tomorrow.  

Lastly on the docket today, 3 lbs of hatch chilies to be seasoned and roasted slowly in the oven until soft- they'll be chopped into little bits and added to the stuffing of our Dornish stuffed peppers.

I'm excited!!  I can't sleep when I'm excited!  This is going to be amazing.  24 hours left!!!  SQUEEEEEEE!!!!




 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment