Tuesday, May 17, 2016

S6FP: Death Pool Winners Basket - A Work in Progress...

Season 6 Finale Party

Death Pool Winners Basket - A Work in Progress...


I always love sending my guests home with something from the party.  For the premier party everyone took home a direwolf, the finale party before that they got vials of Himalayan salt and some fresh bread, the premier party before that Kazoos of Winter and House Clegane doggy bags.  The finale party this year won't be any different - although I'm going to kill everyone, at least they'll go home with something nice to remember our evening.  

First thing is first, lets bounce around some ideas for the winner of the Death Pool.  Currently House Courtade is in the lead and if Dave and DB don't pick up their game, she's going to win the whole thing (Come on, Hodor, you got this, buddy!) Post eps 5:  I didn't know!  I take it back!  NO NO PLEASE NO!!!! **sobbing..**

I consider myself very lucky in a number of ways - one of which is that my amazing and wonderful husband runs a Gamestop and gets a hefty discount on merchandise from ThinkGeek.com so that is where our adventure begins.  They have these wonderful dragon goblets that we will be getting in a set of two.  Lovely, aren't they?  They make me almost think of a Westerosi picnic, so this is what our basket will be themed after.  Of course, you need something to put in these puppies, and that part I am still working on but it's going to be pretty damn marvelous if I do say so myself - I'll get to that part once I actually finish it.  It's going to be delicious...

So you are sitting in a clearing on a cliff overlooking the Twins in the distance with your lover, in your hands a dragon goblet full of deliciousness but the sun is bright.  You try to gaze into the loveliness of your ladies eyes but all you can see is the sun assaulting your eye sockets.  You squint in the general direction of your lady and you see she has a lovely headpiece with which to shield her from the suns brutality while your head is bare.  You need something to shield out the sun, yes?  Well, my friends, I have you covered.  *snicker*

That's right folks!  There are numerous websites out there that can custom make hats for you and I was able to find this one for a decent price so SUCK IT, RAMSEY.  No Westerosi picnic basket is complete without one...

You take in a deep breath and fill your lungs with the crisp clean air when... What's that in the distance?  Some of the Boltons scouts have ridden upon you and take offense to your headgear!  Your lady shrieks!  (ahhhh!) You clammer to your feet and reach for - 


Not the real one, of course, but the letter opener.  Hey, it's sharp and intimidating and can be deadly to the one who wields it with skill.  John Snow would be proud.. or he might snicker a little but all the same.  It's like- 2 scouts - and they're really just kids so you make quick work of them so you can get back to your lady, who strangely doesn't seem to mind that you've just ruined her favorite gown...

You look into the basket to pull out a big hunk of salty meat when you feel something sharp in your neck - you look up to see that your beautiful lady is gone and instead your eyes fall upon a faceless man - dagger in your neck - he whispers the words as your vision fades - 

"Valar Morghulis."  

What a better way to celebrate the death pool winners victory than to kill him (or her??) George would be proud... so much death....

Aside from a few bottles of surprise I am still working on and a few other little ditties, I think that will complete our basket.  I'll get pictures of the things I am working on as soon as they're finished and of course, the completed basket once it's all put together... 

More updates to follow!  Happy hunting!







No comments:

Post a Comment