Wednesday, April 13, 2016

S6PP: Fire Maize of Myr

Season 6 Premier Party: Fire Maize of Myr

Sriracha?  Yes, please!


Fellow blogger and Game of Thrones guru Phoenix posted a fantastic place for all of your premier party needs - here you'll find all kinds of amazing stuff ready for you to download and share to make your party BANG.  

On this site there are a lot of great finds but one in particular I grabbed like a dog with a bone - the popcorn bags.  They are so cute!!  And of course, I could grab this genius and print it up and it would be super easy and un-complicated but... that's not my style!  I have to reinvent the wheel.  I have to make it my own version of awesome.  I love a challenge so I have taken this amazing idea that I can in no way take credit for, and gave it a good twist.  



I'm still tweaking with the design because I am not quite sure I am happy with it... I think I'll change the color from black to a dark red which will look great against the brown paper bag.  

As for the Sriracha Popcorn?  Ironically, I have been making this for years when I eat popcorn (which is as often as humanly possible) and never thought to actually stuff it in a bag and give it to my guests for our premier party.  I love sriracha so my measurements are a bit more stacked for the hot stuff.  The recipe is linked above for your convince but if you want to make it like I make it (and I would highly suggest it because it's freaking awesome) then here is how I do it:

Sriracha Corn

Ingredients:
8 cups of air popped popcorn
3 tablespoons of melted butter
3 tablespoons of sriracha
2 minced cloves of fresh garlic
a pinch of salt (to taste)
a pinch of pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (you can omit this if you have someone who really hates the stuff like my husband does.... or you can make it anyway despite their picky pallet.  More for me!!)

In a small bowl, mix your butter, sriracha, and garlic.  It should almost look like buffalo sauce (and, by the way, coats wings just as well!) 
Pour this over your popcorn.  Sprinkle your Parmesan over the top and add salt and pepper to taste.  Mix everything together in a bowl before placing it in your bags for showtime.


I love finding other resources to make our Game of Thrones experience that much more amazing.  Thank you so much to Phoenix for posting that planning guide for us and making us oogle even more!  Your hard work is something we can all benefit from!  (I mean seriously, have you seen these wine labels???) 

Happy Throning!


No comments:

Post a Comment